This website and its content is copyright of UKPSA – © UKPSA 2018. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
We are the United Kingdom Practical Shooting Association (“We/Us/Our”). We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy in accordance with the 2016 General Data Protection Regulations. For any and all personal data (“you/your”) as a Data Subject provide for the purposes of your membership, the United Kingdom Practical Shooting Association is the Data Controller and is responsible for storing and otherwise processing that data in a fair, lawful, secure and transparent way.
What personal data We hold on you
You may give Us information about you by filling in forms at an event or online, or by corresponding with Us by post, phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register with Us for membership or by attending one of Our training courses. The information you give Us may include your name, date of birth, address, e-mail address, phone number, firearms/shotgun certificate details, shooting experience, name of shooting clubs you are a members of, details of any past FAC revocations, details of any past shooting club membership terminations, a Section 21 declaration and your photograph. In addition to this, We will also hold records of your membership payment history, gift aid declarations, a reference to support your membership application, historic performance in UKPSA matches including grades, training experience and qualifications both as participant and as trainer/coach, experience and qualifications as a Range/Match Official.
Why We need your personal data
The reason We need your personal data is to be able to administer your application for membership and your membership when you are accepted. We are required to confirm your eligibility to enter matches in both the UK and overseas. Occasionally, We are required to provide references or reports to the police. Our lawful basis for processing your personal data is that We have established“Legitimate Interests” to provide Our services to you as Our member and to provide periodic reports to the police and other shooting clubs/organisations holding competitions where We are required to confirm your eligibility as a competitor or match official.
Any need outside of the above will be treated as needing “Consent“ and We will contact you before We do anything outside of this policy.
Reasons We need to process your personal data include:
For training and competition entry
- sharing personal data with Our clubs, club coaches or officials to administer training courses;
- sharing personal data with match officials in the UK and overseas when you entercompetitions where We are required to confirm your eligibility as a competitor or match official.For membership and Our management
- processing of membership applications, renewals and payments;
- processing gift aid claims with HMRC;
- Our newsletter promoting Our activities and social events; and
- publishing of competition results and UKPSA gradesWho We share your personal data withWe do not supply any personal data We hold for any purpose to any third party except the police, Our clubs and overseas shooting organisations, as explained above. Occasionally, We are asked to give a reference about you to another club or Association and We will ask your Consent before doing so. We use websites to collect some data and utilises cloud backup services where appropriate safeguards are in place to ensure the security of that personal data.How long We hold your personal data
We will hold your personal data on file for as long as you are a member with Us. Any personal data, excluding published data such as match results, We hold on you will be deleted after ten years of inactivity. Your data is not processed for any further purposes other than those detailed in this policy.
Your rights regarding your personal data
As a data subject you may have the right at any time to request access to, rectification or erasure of your personal data; to restrict or object to certain kinds of processing of your personal data, including direct marketing; to the portability of your personal data and to complain to the UK’s data protection supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office about the processing of your personal data.
If you have a need to contact Us regards this policy or have any questions concerning your Data Subject Rights please email email@example.com
As a data subject you are not obliged to share your personal data with Us. If you choose not to share your personal data with Us, We may not be able to register or administer your membership.