At the recent International Practical Shooting Confederation (IPSC) Assembly, a number of changes and updates to the IPSC disciplines were discussed and approved. One of the most significant changes was the removal of the Handgun Production Optics Light Division from the list of IPSC disciplines.
However, two new disciplines, Action Air PCC and Rifle, were added to the IPSC disciplines. In addition, a new IPSC discipline called .22LR Handgun was added to the Junior Program.
Another change involved the establishment of a new category called Grand Senior, specifically for shooters over the age of 70. The IPSC also adopted new IPSC Micro targets for PCC, Rifle, and Action Air.
There were also discussions regarding the limitations of weight for magazine base pads in the Handgun Production Divisions. However, the proposal to limit the weight was not approved. In contrast, proposals to permit aftermarket triggers and hammers without restriction in the Handgun Production Divisions were approved.
All approved amendments to the IPSC Rules will be effective starting April 1, 2023, and updated rules books will be published on the IPSC website in due course.
Lastly, the Assembly decided to postpone the PCC/MR World Shoot to 2025. On a more positive note, the Assembly was in favor of moving the African Handgun Championship from 2025 to 2024. These updates and changes reflect the evolving nature of IPSC disciplines and the organization’s commitment to providing an exciting and challenging shooting experience for all its members.
A copy of the transcribed letter from the IPSC President can be found below:
Dear Regional Directors, IPSC Officials and Athletes!
– Handgun Production Optics Light Division was deleted.
– Action Air PCC and Rifle Disciplines were approved.
– .22LR Handgun was adopted as a new IPSC Discipline as part of a Junior Program.
– Grand Senior was ratified as the name of the new Category of shooters from the age of 70.
– IPSC Micro targets were adopted for PCC, Rifle and Action Air.
– The proposal to limit weight for the magazine base pads in the Handgun Production Divisions was NOT approved.
– Proposals to permit aftermarket triggers and hammers without restriction in the Handgun Production Divisions were approved.
All the approved Rules amendments come into effect on April 01, 2023. Updated Rules books will be published on IPSC web page in a short while.
Other subjects discussed included the following:
– PCC/MR World Shoot was postponed to 2025.
– Feeling of the Assembly was positive towards moving African Handgun Championship from 2025 to 2024.
I would like to thank the Rules Committee, Regional Directors and Executive Council members for the participation in numerous online meetings which had been conducted to discuss Rules amendments and prepare for the EGA and for the efficient work during the Assembly!